80338 Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector — Financials
About this Course
This two-day instructor-led course, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector-Financials, provides students with the necessary tools and resources to perform advanced tasks using Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector.
The intended audience includes partners and customers who want to learn the features and develop a working knowledge of the typical bookkeeping and accounting processes that are required to effectively use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector.
The class is also suitable for accounting managers, accountants, bookkeepers, accounts payable and receivable managers, budgeting managers, project managers, and other people in public sector organizations responsible for the setup and administration of various accounting functionalities.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the features of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector.
- Set up the account structures and financial dimensions for the organization.
- Perform financial budget-related activities in the Budgeting module.
- Perform activities related to commitment accounting, transactions, and line amounts in the General ledger module.
- Perform activities related to purchases, invoices, and vendor details in the Procurement and sourcing and Accounts payable modules.
- Perform activities related to payments due in the Accounts receivable module.
- Perform project accounting activities in the Project management and accounting module.
- Describe Role Centers and generate public sector-related reports.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Completed the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Finance I and Finance II courses.
- Completed the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Project Essentials and Project Advanced courses.
- The ability to use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 for basic processing.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting processes.
Module 1: Overview
This module provides a general overview of public sector accounting requirements and the features of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Public Sector.
Module 2: Account Setup
This module concentrates on how to set up the account structures and financial dimensions for the organization.
Module 3: Budgeting
This module concentrates on how to create budgets and use budget control.
Module 4: General Ledger
This module focuses on functionalities in the General ledger module. It discusses the various activities related to commitment accounting, distributing of line amounts, and modifying transactions. Additionally, steps to perform general ledger year-end activities are discussed.
Module 5: Procurement and Accounts Payable
This module focuses on purchase- , invoice- , and vendor-related activities. It explains steps for creating and invoicing purchase agreements, confirming an unplanned purchase, and invoicing payments to various vendor bank accounts. It also discusses setting up 1099 information and assigning a DUNS+4 number for vendors.
Module 6: Accounts Receivable
This module explains how to set up billing codes and classifications. It also focuses on processing invoices, payments, dunning documents according to a billing classification, processing settlements in a pooled cash scenario, and how to add attributes for customer reporting.
Module 7: Project Accounting
This module reviews the process of creating and revising a project budget, performing budget control on the project budget, and allocating it across periods. Also, you will learn how to handle grant management, and manage multiple funding sources.
Module 8: Role Centers and Reports
In this module, you will be shown various Role Center webpages available in Enterprise Portal. It also discusses how to generate reports and set up derived financial hierarchies.
По окончании авторизованного курса Microsoft выдаётся международный сертификат Microsoft