This two-day course is designed for students who are preparing to complete the installation and configuration of Microsoft Dynamics NAV. The course primarily provides explanation of the databases and servers associated with Microsoft Dynamics NAV, client hardware and software requirements, and various database administrative tasks.
This course is intended for students who are preparing to complete the installation and configuration of Microsoft Dynamics NAV. The course primarily provides explanation of the databases and servers associated with Microsoft Dynamics NAV, client hardware and software requirements, and various database administrative tasks.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the Architecture
- Know Hardware and Software Requirements
- Complete Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic Client Installation
- Complete the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Role Tailored Client
- Install and Configure the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Database Server
- Understand how to Deploy Microsoft Dynamics NAV to multiple clients at a time
- Understand Microsoft Dynamics NAV Optimization and Troubleshooting
Module 1: Microsoft Dynamics NAV Architecture
This chapter focuses on the architecture of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009.
- Review the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 Architecture
- Learn the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Architecture
- Understand the Developer Environment for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009
- Install Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 three-tier architecture on three computers
Module 2: Requirements
Before you begin installing and configuring Microsoft Dynamics NAV, you need to consider the operating system, server requirements and any other software requirements.
- Understand the Operating System and software pre-requirements
- Select the correct Microsoft Windows server version
- Understand the SQL server versions
Module 3: RoleTailored Client Installation
This module discusses the installation of the RoleTailored Client in a variety of configurations.
- Installing the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 RoleTailored Client
- Navigate in the RoleTailored Client
- Keyboard Shortcuts
Lab : Lab 3.1 — Installing Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Clients
Module 4: RoleTailored Client Personalization
This chapter discusses personalization in the RoleTailored client. Learn how the Role Center is tailored to the user's role in the company.
- Customize the Navigation Pane
- Customize Pages
Lab : Lab 4.1 — Adding a Vendor List to the Role Center
Module 5: Database Server
This chapter describes how to install Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Database Server. You are also shown the Database Server Configuration Settings
- Setup the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 Database server
- Configure the Database server during setup
- Configure the Database server after setup
Lab : Lab 5.1 — Editing the Configuration file for the NAV Server
Module 6: Classic Client Option
This module describes the Classic Client hardware and software recommendation. It walks you through the installation process of Classic Client installation. This chapter also presents the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 developer environment.
- Recommended hardware and software
- Install the Classic Client
Module 7: Deployment
This module describes the process of deploying software in Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
- Understand software deployment using Group Policy
- Deploy Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 clients with Group Policy
Module 8: Optimization and Troubleshooting
This module presents the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 operating environment. The focus is on Optimizing the Database, troubleshooting database and deployment performance issues.
- Troubleshoot and Optimize SQL Server 2005
- Troubleshoot and Optimize Deployment with Group Policy
Lab : Lab 8.1 — Use SQL Server Profiler to configure a baseline trace
Lab : Lab 8.2 — Configure a System Monitor Counter Log
Lab : Lab 8.3 — Analyzing a Workload in DTA
По окончании авторизованного курса Microsoft выдаётся международный сертификат Microsoft